|Warmer than average and increasing. Scattered clouds. Windy.
|| • Dash joins the party in the sewers, bringing news confirming that the assassin/pirate Stildon Malk was in the process of attempting to have the Redcloaks absorb the Golden Star thieves guild. Damian is injured and remains unconscious as the party confronts Malk, his raven familiar Siegmund, his Apollo companion Fang and the remaining Golden Star rogues who Malk had bullied into staying. Malk himself fled after the party cut down his loyal dog, escaping with Father Gilbar’s unconscious body.
• While following Malk’s trail up a shaft that led to The Blind Lass Tavern, they encountered Sinart, one of Malk’s former minions, who carried a cage containing a large gray rabbit. Sinart immediately surrendered, telling the group how the Pirate Malk had discovered the deal lieutenant Kramar had made with the party. Malk, he said, had slain Kramar as an example to the rest of them, a grisly incentive for them to stay and fight against the intruders.
• Once free from the sewers, the party is sure that Malk has made his escape with their priestly friend, and they head back to their inn to rest, regroup, and make plans to seek out Father Gilbar. As Sebastian frees the rabbit from its iron collar, it speaks into his mind. It seems this is no mere rabbit, but some sort of fairy. Pioria is quite cordial, if slightly crazed. It seems her command of languages is a bit muddled, but she explains that because Sebastian has freed her, she is now his boon companion and willing servant. She shows her fey form to Sebastian in private; a slim wisp of a female, two feet tall with slender gossamer wings that shimmer in the candlelight, donned in a simple gown that strikingly resembles the room’s curtains.
• When the group rejoins to discuss Father Gilbar’s rescue, Pioria exclaims that she’s heard of the priest. She tells them that she was held captive by the “evil men of the red wraps” (the Redcloaks) and these men presented her as a gift to the “filthy fiend of a brutish killer” (Malk).Pioria overheard the Redcloaks saying they know that Father Gilbar is in town and have made plans to move Young Godwyn in the morning. They did not say where or when, but this means the party will get no further rest tonight.
• Surprisingly and as if on queue, Father Gilbar walks in the door, bedraggled and wearing simple clerical robes of Kwyrth. It seems that Malk’s superstition overrode his murderous ways, and so he stripped the father of all valuables and dropped him on the doorstep of the Cathedral of Divine Deliverance (Kwyrth’s major place of worship in the kingdom, which happens to be located in Brindon). Luckily, Malk did not know about the Redcloak’s plans, or exactly who Father Gilbar was, or surely he would have turned the little Father over to them.
• It the wee hours of morning, the bedraggled party assemble to hastily discuss plans to rescue Young Godwyn…
Campaign of the Month: January 2017
5:7 Flushing the Sewers
Reclaiming Leverage: Part VII