Campaign of the Month: January 2017
Barbarians come from hardy stock and tend to roam the many regions where the barbarian tribes survive. They are generally the tallest of the human subraces, and their complexion ranges as that of the Seitsmen. Barbarians are usually distinct, but may blend into the Seits communities if they become culturally attuned to do so. Playing a barbarian race does not mean that the character must choose the barbarian class. Typical barbarians may be any class, but prefer fighter, barbarian, rogue, ranger, cleric, and sorcerer. Barbarians (race) who choose other classes have probably left their tribe or clan to venture into civilization and were trained by non-barbaric peoples.
Barbarian Racial Traits:
• Ability Score Racial Traits: Barbarians Human characters gain a +2 racial bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature. Additionally, they gain +1 Strength, -1 Intelligence. Barbarians are from a race of proud warriors – but learning is not as valued by your people.
• Medium: Barbarians are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Normal Speed: Barbarians have a base speed of 30 feet.
• Bonus Feat: Barbarians gain one bonus feat at 1st level.
• Bonus Skill: At first level, Barbarian humans gain an additional skill rank in two related skills (player’s choice). They gain one additional rank whenever they gain a level, which may be used on any skill.
• Automatic Language: Chulka, Common. Illiteracy: Barbarians must spend a skill point in (Linguistics) in order to be able to read and write in all languages based on the common alphabet which they know. Literacy for additional alphabets may be purchased with Linguistics normally.
• Bonus Languages: Brutish, regional language.
Furthermore, Barbarians hail from several different cultures. Choose one of the following cultures for your Barbarian. Barbarian Social Station is automatically Underclassed (barbarian) (1).
- Highlanders are a members of a ferocious warrior race that lives in a mountainous region. They are known for their ferocity in combat, their passion in artistic performance and their intimate connection to nature.
- Horse Lord
- The Horse Lords are a nomadic people who roam the plains, taming the wild horses that live there. From a very young age they learn to ride, and their cavalry are the finest the world has ever known.
- Nomads are a people of the inhospitible wilds. They are skilled at surviving in such harsh terrain, subsisting as traders and herders.
- Northmen are a fierce race of raiders from the icy north. They are known for their skill at sea and feared for their berserker warriors.
- Tribesmen come from any number of hunter-gatherer tribes. Their ability to track and bring down their quarry is unsurpassed.
- Wild Man
- Wild men are a barbaric and degenerate race of humans. The have no interest in the trappings of civilization, and often pose a grave threat to those who encroach on their territory. Many consider them little better than animals.