Barbarians come from hardy stock and tend to roam the many regions where the barbarian tribes survive. They are generally the tallest of the human subraces, and their complexion ranges as that of the Seitsmen. Barbarians are usually distinct, but may blend into the Seits communities if they become culturally attuned to do so. Playing a barbarian race does not mean that the character must choose the barbarian class. Typical barbarians may be any class, but prefer fighter, barbarian, rogue, ranger, cleric, and sorcerer. Barbarians (race) who choose other classes have probably left their tribe or clan to venture into civilization and were trained by non-barbaric peoples.
Barbarian Racial Traits:
• Ability Adjustments: +1 Strength, -1 Intelligence. Barbarians are a proud warriors from a race of proud warriors – but learning is not as valued by your people.
• Medium: Barbarians are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Normal Speed: Barbarians have a base speed of 30 feet.
• Bonus Feat: Barbarians gain a bonus feat at first level. The bonus feat may be a general or favored feat, or may be chosen from any Role.
• Talented: +2 to two related skills (player’s choice)
• Favored Feats: Barbarians may select the Diehard and Rage feats at 1st level regardless of role. If you have no Warrior levels, however, you may only rage once per day and may not select Rage as a feat multiple times.
• Automatic Language: Chulka, Common. Illiteracy: Barbarians must spend a skill point in order to be able to read and write in all languages based on either the runic barbarian alphabet, or the common alphabet which they know. Literacy for additional alphabets may be purchased with bonus languages, or by spending ranks to become literate. See Language (Skill).
• Bonus Languages: Brutish, regional language.
Furthermore, Barbarians hail from several different cultures. Choose one of the following cultures for your Barbarian. Barbarian Social Station is automatically Underclassed (barbarian) (1).
Highlanders are a members of a ferocious warrior race that lives in a mountainous region. They are known for their ferocity in combat, their passion in artistic performance and their intimate connection to nature.
Bonus Feats: Startle, Taunt, Talented (Knowledge (nature) and Survival)
Wild men are a barbaric and degenerate race of humans. The have no interest in the trappings of civilization, and often pose a grave threat to those who encroach on their territory. Many consider them little better than animals.